Sunday, April 01, 2007

Wait


I vow, that is the hardest word that anyone can ever say to me. Ironically, I find that my dearest Lord and saviour is saying that to me now. There are so many things that I want right now.
1. Move to Vancouver
2. Start nursing
3. To solidify my relationships with Richard.

Is that so hard of a request? No. Simple requests, with simple solutions, and yet, God tells me, wait child. My reaction was first of frustration. I clench my fists and pound on His chest, asking why?

"But I have been ready since I was young! I have been away from Home, I want to be home, to come home to someone that I know loves me, pimples, warts and farts. (haha) I want to move on in life and I want to become a nurse to help people, to move to Vancouver to be able to share my days with Richard! I want!"


All the while, God stands there and He smiles His knowing smile.

He waits.


That's the thing. He waits, and so must I. I see opportunities, and I point them out to Him and demand "Why not?!" and He smiles and says "Why Now?"

Ludicrous, isn't it, that I think I know how to make things work out for myself. you think I would learn, that if I were to take things into my hands, that I would be able to mold my life to way that I know I want it to be.

the beauty of it all, is that, God in His foreknowledge, He asks us to wait on Him, to love Him and to want Him.
That is my mistake. I have forgotten that God, being able to see everything, knows that waiting is the best for certain things.

If it is good now, the plan that God has for me will be for ultimate good. I'm not talking about MY ultimate good, but His. His glory, His power and His love.

Corny metaphor, a relationships with God is like preparing for Marriage, you have to wait on certain things, but you have to be committed, to show your love to Him.

The breathtaking thing - He is Perfect, He Knows All, and He still Loves.

And so, if He asks, says, Wait, child...then wait.

No comments: